Skip to main content
Skip to main content.

Public Access to Case Records:

The Court is currently in the process of digitizing our case records. Files may be temporarily unavailable for public viewing. 

Court Interpreters

Superior Court Interpreters

Effective 01/01/2015, the Superior Court provides interpreters for the following purposes:

Criminal, Traffic, Juvenile and all Civil Case Types (Except for Small Claims):

Parties and Counsel are required to provide notice to the Court of any need for interpreting in order to assure that these services may be arranged by the Court on a timely basis. To notice the Court you may:

  • Complete Request for Court Interpreter Form: Local Form M-47.
  • Inform a Court Clerk at the Counter or;
  • Inform a Courtroom Clerk.

To Request an Interpreter, the Form Must be Submitted. The Form May be Submitted in One of the Following Options:

  • Online; by emailing the Interpreter Coordinator at:,
  • At the Clerk’s Office;
  • By Mail to:

    Interpreter Coordinator

    Main Street Branch

    495 Main Street
    Placerville, CA 95667.

To Cancel an Interpreter, you may contact the Interpreter Coordinator by email at:, or by calling (530) 621-5099.

Please notify the Court at least two days prior to the scheduled hearing date if interpreter services are no longer needed.

Small Claims Hearings

You may ask a friend, relative, or someone else to interpret for you when you go to court. Please do not ask a child (minor, under the age of 18) to interpret for you.

A Court interpreter needs to be familiar with legal terms and concepts in both English and your first language. If you decide to use a friend or relative, have the person read the instructions and duties for interpreting called Foreign Language Interpreter’s Duties-Civil and Small Claims.

To find an interpreter that speaks your language visit

American with Disabilities Act (ADA)

If you require services of a sign language interpreter, you may request one at any courthouse, for any type of hearing you may have. This includes civil hearings, small claims hearings, and jury duty.

To Become an Interpreter


Language Access Complaints

If you have a complaint about access to language services, you may submit a complaint using these fillable forms. The Court provides versions of the form in English and Spanish . The Language Access Coordinator will review and respond to all interpreter and language access complaints. The Court takes all complaints about language access very seriously and will address the concerns in an appropriate manner.

Please be aware that the Language Access Coordinator does not have the authority to change or modify any decision made by a judicial officer and that its review of the complaint does not, in any way, affect or extend any applicable deadlines or procedural requirements such as filing motions, appeals, modifications, etc.

Judicial Council Court Interpreter Program Complaints

You may also file a California Court Interpreter Complaint Form directly with the Judicial Council of California regarding a specific California court interpreter if you believe the certified or registered interpreter:

  • Violated California Rules of Court, rule 2.890, Professional conduct for interpreters;
  • Is unable to interpret competently in English and/or in the language being interpreted;
  • Committed acts of wrongdoing or behaved unethically.

For more information or to obtain the California Court Interpreter Complaint Form visit:

NOTE: If your complaint is regarding the Court’s failure to provide interpreter services or another Language Access related complaint about Court staff, bench officers, or local documents and translations provided by the Court, please file your complaint directly with the Court by submitting a Language Access Complaint (see instructions above).

Limited English Proficiency Plan

Superior Court of El Dorado County to provide to persons with limited English proficiency (LEP) services that are in compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. 2000d et seq.; 45 C.F.R. § 80.1 et seq.; and 28 C.F.R. § 42.101–42.112). Click here to view the LEP.

Was this helpful?

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.