Skip to main content
Skip to main content.

Public Access to Case Records:

The Court is currently in the process of digitizing our case records. Files may be temporarily unavailable for public viewing. 

Financial Hardship


By using the MyCitations tool, you can request a reduction of your fine, a payment plan, community service, or request more time to pay. 

As part of your request, you must show proof that you do not have the financial means to pay your fine. You may ask the court to consider your ability to pay at any point in the process, but you must enter a plea of guilty or no contest before the court can give you an answer.

The easiest way to request a fine reduction is to use the court’s new online request tool: MyCitations. The MyCitations online tool allows you to enter a plea and make an ability to pay request on eligible infractions without going to court. In addition to requesting a reduction, you can request a payment plan, more time to pay or ask to complete community service instead of paying fines and fees. If your case is currently in collections and you cannot afford to pay your debt, you may still use MyCitations.

If you cannot afford the fine amount, you can request a reduction to the amount you owe at any time while the fines remain unpaid.

If you are experiencing financial hardship and you use the online tool to request a reduction, you may also use the online tool to ask the court to set up a payment plan, ask for an extension of time to pay what you owe and/or ask to complete community service hours in place of the fine. Payment plans will be approved for no more than $25 per month if you are approved for an ability-to-pay request.

Fines and fees owed from a misdemeanor or felony offense are not eligible to request a reduction.

Do not use the online tool if you want to:

  1. Contest the citation
  2. Attend traffic school
  3. Get a dismissal or reduction of charges with proof of correction

Yes, you can submit an ability to pay request even if your case is in collections. 

Visit the Court's Web Portal to search for your citation number, or contact the Cameron Park Branch at (530) 621-5047 or the South Lake Tahoe Branch at (530) 573-3044.

If you are eligible for traffic school and your ability to pay petition is approved, you may be able to request traffic school. Contact the clerk's office no later than 30 days from the date on your order to request traffic school and pay the additional $69.00 traffic school fee. You must complete traffic school within 90 days. 

Community service may be completed at any non-profit (excludes marijuana co-ops). Valid proof of completion should be on the non-profit's letterhead and submitted to the Cameron Park Branch or the South Lake Tahoe Branch in person or by mail. 

Was this helpful?

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.