Skip to main content
Skip to main content.

Telephonic Appearance System Maintenance:

The Telephonic Appearance system will be down for maintenance and unavailable beginning Friday, May 27th at 5:00 pm until Monday, May 30th at 8:00am. 

Temporary Reduction in Clerk's Office & Phone Hours:

Effective 01/27/2022, all Clerk’s Office and phone hours will be 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.  More Information

COVID-19 and Court Operations:

The El Dorado County Superior Court has modified existing pandemic precautions and procedures to comply with new state and federal health and safety regulations.  More Information

Juvenile Division

Juvenile Court

The Juvenile Court is responsible for handling matters regarding minors. The judges in Juvenile Court hear delinquency cases involving minors charged with violations of the law and dependency cases involving minors who have been neglected or abused.

Standing Orders:

Juvenile court case are handled by departments 4 and 8.

Juvenile Dependency/ Juvenile Justice (Delinquency) Designated Hearing Dates and Times

West Slope: 

  • Juvenile Dependency:
    • Mondays – Thursday at 1:15pm, Dept. 8 Detentions
    • Tuesday and Thursday Contested Matters as set by Court
    • Fridays at 1:00pm, Dept. 5 Detentions
    • Fridays at 1:30 p.m., Dept. 5 Juvenile Dependency Calendar
  • Juvenile Justice:
    • Mondays – Thursday at 1:15pm, Dept. 8 Detentions
    • Mondays (1st and 3rd Only) at 1:30pm, Dept. 8 Juvenile Justice Calendar
    • Mondays (1st and 3rd Only) at 3:30pm, Dept. 8 Juvenile Infractions
    • Tuesday and Thursday Contested Matters as set by Court
    • Fridays at 1:00pm, Dept. 5 Detentions


Juvenile Transfer:; 530-621-7470

South Lake Tahoe: 1354 Johnson Blvd., South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150

  • Dependency: Thursdays at 10:00 a.m., Dept. 4
  • Delinquency: Thursdays at 8:30 a.m., Dept. 4


Juvenile Transfer: Zuzana Russell;; 530-573-3344


Frequently Asked Questions

One of the following could occur:
  • The arresting officer may release your child back to your custody.
  • Your child may be referred to a community agency providing shelter, care, diversion or counseling.
  • Your child could be detained in Juvenile Hall. If your child is detained, the Probation Officer must take immediate steps to notify you.
  • Your child may be released to your custody with conditions and given a date to appear in court. If your child is not returned home, the law requires that a petition be filed, usually within 48 hours from the time the child is taken into custody. There will be a court hearing called a Detention/Arraignment hearing. You will be notified of this hearing date and time.

Your child has the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford to hire an attorney for your child, the Court will appoint an attorney to represent them.

Yes, unless you were the victim of your child’s crime, you will receive a bill from the county for various fees, including your child’s attorney’s fees; probation department service fees and placement costs for keeping your child in state placement such as the California Department of Juvenile Justice, a probation camp, or an out of home placement. You will have a chance to show how much, if any, of these costs you are able to pay. The Juvenile Court does not make this determination.

It depends on the violation your child was cited for. Infractions (most moving violations) are handled through the Traffic Division. In that instance, the date at the bottom of the citation is a due date rather than a court date.

You may submit a Petition to Seal to the El Dorado Juvenile Probation Department. A court date will be scheduled and notice sent to all parties. You may attend the hearing but it is not required unless you are noticed and ordered to appear. You will be notified of the Court’s decision by mail.

Click here for the Application

Was this helpful?